Irena joined us back in Episode 23 to give us the low down on healthy travel hacks, so check that one out if you’re planning a trip…
But just to remind you, Irena is a bestselling author of the ‘Eat Drink, Paleo’ cookbook and her newest book Happy Go Paleo. She’s a contributor to the Happy Body Formula and is also an all round health nerd and global nomad who can find a decent coffee anywhere in the world!
We chat with Irena about:
- What she’s been up to lately
- How the Paleo movement is different in the UK, EU and AU
- How Irena sees the “Paleo” label and how she eats
- Trends in the health world: gut health was big in 2015, fibre is big in 2016
- Fibre in buckwheat and resistant starch in potatoes
- Meat free Mondays
- How to properly prepare legumes and deactivate phytic acid
- Raw food vs cooked
- Souping vs juicing
- Trends in the real food world: jackfruit, sweet potato toast, sourdough, buckwheat, seaweed pasta, turmeric, mushroom tea, Hawaiian foods, cloud bread
- What’s the go with nut milk, is almond milk or macadamia milk good for us?
- What does an average day look like for Irena Macri?
- Irena’s tips for distressing before bed and getting a good night’s sleep
- Go-to meals and Irena’s tips for meal prep
- The Happy Body Formula – next intake September 2016, then January 2017
- 7-Day challenges ongoing