In this episode, we chat to Barbara Loomis, aka the Alignment Monkey, all about the uterus. We get into some in-depth discussions on how issues with the uterus can impact many other parts of the body that we often don’t think of as being related! There’s also lots of good information on practical steps we can take to correct most of these issues for ourselves, or in conjunction with a qualified practitioner.
Barbara Loomis has a heartfelt enthusiasm for teaching people how to care for their reproductive and digestive organs through manual and movement therapies. She is an educator of the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy, a practitioner of Chi Nei Tsang and Visceral Manipulation as well as a Nutritious Movement certified Restorative Exercise Specialist. She helps women suffering from painful and irregular menstrual periods, fertility challenges, constipation, pelvic floor issues, Diastasis Recti and tipped uteri.
We Chat About:
- Barbara’s journey into her current field of practice; including her close work with Katy Bowman
- Barbara’s personal connection to her work
- Chi Nei Tsang therapy applied to uterine care
- What is a retroverted uterus?
- What can we do correct a retroverted uterus?
- How we store emotions in the body and the central role of the abdomen
- The benefits of abdominal massage
- What is uterine congestion and how does this impact on hormone health?
- the importance of whole body alignment in relation to uterine health
- The impact of uterus alignment / positioning on fertility
- What can we do to correct alignment and move more freely?
- The relationship between a tight psoas and ovulation pain
- How can the positioning of toes influence pelvic alignment?
- The tyranny of tight clothing!
- How can we learn self massage and self care techniques?
- Breathing for better uterine health