That deliberate act of taking some time out for yourself with an activity that’s good for your physical, mental or emotional health.
It might be yoga, going for a walk, meditating, having a relaxing bath or spending time with your friends and family. Any activity that will recharge your batteries and leave you feeling refreshed.
So we’re going to explore why self care is important, what stops us from doing it more often, what self care practices Jo and I love and some ways you can incorporate some self care into your day or create more time for it.
We chat about:
- Why taking time out for self care is so important
- Putting your own O2 mask on first
- What stops us from taking time out for self care more often?
- Survey results: the 3 big reasons why people don’t practice self care (from Ecology Skincare)
- Time, kids and family, work, keeping the household running
- Belly breathing and dropping your shoulders
- Jo’s yoga and stretching, legs up the wall are all active self care
- Seeing eating well as a nourishing act of self care
- Happy dancing and smiling
- Taking a mindful pause or mindfulness meditation
- Walking on the beach or in the outdoors, simply sitting in the sun
- Reconnecting with other people
- Being ok with saying “no” when we don’t want to do something or can’t do something
- Giving yourself permission
- Ecology Mineral Bath Salts for a foot bath or full bath
- Our best tips for working self care into your daily routine and making it a habit
- Making appointments with yourself, sticky notes about the place, electronic reminders
- Find your time wasters and reducing or eliminating them
- Batching tasks so you have more time left over for self care