In this episode we chat with Lara Briden, the naturopathic Doctor who’s clocked up nearly 20 years experience in women’s health. Lara balances her time between Christchurch New Zealand, and Sydney Australia, where she runs a hormone clinic to treat PCOS, PMS, endometriosis and many other period related problems.
Lara has recently released her book ‘Period Repair Manual. Natural Treatment for better hormones and better Periods’ and will also be speaking on this topic at the Ancestral Health Society of New Zealand (AHSNZ) Symposium in Queenstown October.
We Chat About:
- How does Lara balance her time between New Zealand and Australia
- Why did Lara move to New Zealand?
- Lara’s ‘Primal Shift’
- The motivation and intention behind ‘The Period Repair Manual’
- Why is there an epidemic of hormone dis-regulation with both men and women?
- Male infertility; the hidden epidemic
- The gut health / hormone link
- Where to start with treatment options
- Endometriosis as an autoimmune condition
- It’s not normal to have period pain!
- Red meat and endometriosis
- The long term health implications of ‘the pill’
- Progesterone vs progesterines
- What to expect when coming off the pill
- Alternative birth control methods
- Does the copper IUD influence copper levels in the body?
- Alcohol intake; is there a safe limit for women?
- Why Lara supports AHSNZ
- Lara’s latest passion project: ‘Menstruation Matters’
- Lara Briden
- Ancestral Health Society of NZ
- Menstruation Matters
- Male Fertility article
- Ecology Skincare