All too often we forget the magic of play in our lives.
We become overrun with obligations, stress and expectations about how we should act and behave. We are also viewed as immature or childish if we engage in too many playful activities.
In this episode we are going to take you through our thoughts on play and why it’s so important we have made it one of our essential ‘Primal Shifts’.
We’ll also fill you in on some of the fun things we get up to!
When we embrace play, we claim a better quality of life for ourselves. We decrease stress. We connect better with those around us. We get out more and get more out of what we do. We find more fun and maybe even meaning” ~ Mark Sisson
In this episode we chat about:
- What ‘play’ means to The Primal Shifters
- Crystal plays with fire, Charby swings from a roof, and Jo gets her dancing shoes on
- We talk seriously about ‘Bro-science’ – very seriously
- Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself …we reckon
- Some cultural differences when it comes to play
- ‘Competitive’ vs ‘non-competitive’ play
- It’s fun to win… and sometimes, it’s fun to lose
- ‘White-line fever’ – When is it a good time to ‘unleash the fury’?
- Charby butchers an Oscar Wilde Quote
- There is something extremely primal about competitive aggression
- Why do some parents ‘lose their mind’ at kids’ sporting events?
- When does competitive sport stop being ‘play’ or ‘fun’?
- What’s the deal with rough-housing?
- We get lost in conversation with old friends… even though we’re up past our bedtime
- Have fun AND reset your Circadian Rhythm
- Can we be playful in our relationships?
- We reckon sex and intimacy can even be playful
- Find a friend and ‘hug it out’
- Reconnecting with the inner child
- Breaking up our day with a little ‘play’
- Embrace your own ‘weirdisms’
- Today’s Primal Hit or Primal Shit – Do we keep our kids wrapped up in cotton wool, or let them scrape their knee from time to time?
Links discussed in this episode:
- More information about ‘Primal Play’ on Mark’s Daily Apple
- ‘Cut the rug’ – Defined
- Bro-science on You-tube
- Follow us on Facebook (The Primal Shift)
- Ecology Skincare
- Eating Well Out
- The Ancestral Body