It can be a challenge to keep food options clean and maintain all of your helpful habits when you’re out of your regular routine, away from your kitchen, and not sleeping in your own bed.
Irena is an expert on how to keep food real while travelling and being on the road.
She offers us some fantastic tips on how to access good food options, and when to just relax and embrace the local delights on offer!
And of course, travel can be a really magical break from reality that helps you to reset…release stress, change your mindset and get yourself out of a rut.
Irena (or Irey as she is known to her friends) is a digital professional turned full time kitchen goddess.
She is the author of The Eat Drink Paleo cookbook and blog where she showcases the diversity of the Paleo diet using our amazing Australian produce and great flavours inspired by many different cultures and cuisines.
Irey was originally born in Ukraine, moved to Australia when she was 16 and has had gastronomic adventures all over the world.
She has spent time cooking in a small kitchen in Tokyo, in a beautiful sun-lit Tuscan villa, and while camping in the remote mountains near Transylvania.
We chat with Irena about:
- Going from computer whiz, to 4-Hour Body, to Paleo Goddess!
- Does modern ‘Paleo’ necessarily mean going back to the Paleolithic era?
- Sourcing fresh food in the UK – What’s the Primal scene like?
- ‘Nose to tail’ dining, and ‘wild’ eating
- Jo and Crystal eat (aka devour) some cricket crackers… Charby is slightly envious
- Navigating airport and aeroplane meals
- Irey tells us about her 80/20 rule, and letting her hair down a little whilst travelling
- We all reminisce on old favourites… food-wise. Tear!
- What countries does Irey find it easiest to maintain an Ancestral lifestyle?
- Camping vs ‘Glamping’
- Tips and tricks for the perfect camping trip
- Irey talks about being ‘Primal’ before knowing she was ‘Primal’
- The minimalist travel kitchen – what do we need?
- Getting Primal in a hotel room… and at the buffet
- Coffee matters – #1 top priority!
- Incidental and intentional movement and exercise whilst travelling
- We invent ‘butter-juice’ – patent pending! 😉
- Crystal sneaks beef fat into Bali
- Irey educates us about using sex to reset our circadian rhythm
- We ‘Primal Hit and Primal Shit’ the shit out of melatonin supplements