“It’s no secret that we live in a toxic world. On a daily basis we are exposed to a range of damaging pollutants that come from our food, environment and even our thoughts. These toxins build up in our bodies and have a massive impact on our long term health”
In this episode, we explore the issue of detoxification in more detail, including some practical things we do to limit the toxic load to our bodies…… without going insane and becoming fearful of every substance!
When most people think of detoxification, they often assume its about fasting or only drinking smoothies for a week after a heavy booze binge.
But the reality is that our bodies are processing various chemicals and toxins on a continuous basis. If the detoxification pathways are blocked or overloaded, then it will take more than a week on vegetable juice to eliminate all the crap!
What we chat about:
- What is a ‘toxic load’?
- Are juicing protocols all they’re cracked up to be?
- Do we really need to give up all nutritional pleasure to stay ‘clean’?
- Geeky Primal/Paleo rituals… oil pulling? Eating clay?
- The Supplement Detox
- Clearing the mind with meditation
- Dropping ‘food quality perfectionism’
- The toxic load of food paranoia
- What’s the best non-toxic cookware to use?
- Crystal gives us the run-down on Ecology Skincare and the importance of non-toxic products
- Safe and environmentally friendly cleaning products
- How to use sugar, coke, vinegar, and baking soda for cleaning?
- Where do we all sit on the ‘germ phobia’ front?
- Re-populating the gut after a detox
- Is there such a thing as a cleanse from electronic devices?
- We can all use a good ‘re-toxing’ from time to time
- Can we detox from people and relationships?
- Primal Hit or Primal Shit – Juice detoxes
- Transitioning slowly over time