In this episode we chat to Nutritional Medicine Practitioner Claire Yates from Indy Nature.
Claire is a holistic, evolutionary Nutritionist and a major paleo-nerd, she gets her kicks from reading copious amounts of clinical papers as well as testing people’s poo (judging by the instagram pics!)
Some might say she is a ‘Poo Whisperer’.
Claire has overcome a history of disordered eating and sugar addiction, and now embraces a diet of real, whole, tasty food.
She is a barefoot runner, heavy lifter and a lover of life, good food, well brewed coffee and roasted crickets!
We chat with Claire about:
- Claire embraces being the POO-whisperer
- ‘Individual protocols’ for ‘individual people’
- Tell-tale signs that something isn’t quite right in our bodies
- Claire lets us in on her ‘DERR Diary’ strategy
- Emotional connections to food
- Claire’s history of disordered and emotional eating
- The slippery slope of ‘clean eating’ and orthorexia
- Dropping the social anxiety around ‘clean eating’
- “Good health starts in the GUT”
- Our producer, Andrew Fieldhouse does not approve of ‘The Bristol Stool Chart’
- What should our poo look like?
- What the heck is a ‘ghosty’?
- What are the four RRRRs of gut health?
- What to do after a course of antibiotics
- Why Claire lifts heavy weights, and her advice to women
- Why sleep is so vital
- Laughing – the ultimate cure
- Colonics – So, ‘Primal Hit’ and ‘Primal Shit’?