The crew at The Primal Shift have been following this man’s work for quite some time.
He is none other than one of the Godfathers of the ‘Real Food’ Movement – Mr Sean Croxton.
He is better known as the man behind Underground Wellness, and the wickedly well-known catch phrase; “YO! What’s Up Y’all!”
Sean’s dream is to revolutionize the way THE WORLD thinks about health.
He promotes the concept of self-care which means that in order to regain and/or maintain superb health, we must become more responsible for ourselves.
After graduating from San Diego State University in 2001 with a Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology, Sean began his journey as a certified personal trainer. However, he was met with much frustration during this time as clients got heavier and sicker, which led him down an alternate pathway; He turned to the dark side…
Since then, Sean has been working with clients globally to uncover the root causes of their health challenges. He takes a holistic, functional approach to rebuilding health from the ground up. As a Functional Diagnostic Nutritionist (FDN) and Certified Metabolic Typing Advisor (CMTA), Sean does not merely focus on symptoms.
He instead believes in the 5 Pillars of Health:
He firmly believes that “Disease is function, gone wrong.”
We chat with Sean about:
- What is an FDN or ‘Functional Diagnostic Nutritionist’, and how can one help us?
- The best gut-health ‘fly-screen’ analogy EVER!
- The impact of gluten on our health
- Primal dating – Is it a deal breaker if a potential partner is unhealthy?
- The importance of chemistry when meeting our match
- How to trust our ‘primal-instincts’ when it comes dating
- What does the ‘dark side’ refer to when it comes to nutrition?
- “You don’t lose fat to get healthy – you get healthy to lose weight”
- How the gut and digestion is the core of most health issues
- Sean Croxton is the ‘King of Poop’
- So Sean… How about that squatty potty?
- Is there a role for supplementation in a healthy lifestyle?
- It all starts with food!
- What’s the role of nutrition in mental health?
- Sean has decided to use the term ‘bloke’
- Men need to start talking about mental health
- How to have better sexy with your partner
- What’s the best hangover cure?
- What is JERF?
Links discussed in this episode:
- Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Course
- The Dark Side of Fat Loss
- I want a Squatty Potty
- The Sexy Back Summit
- Real Food Con
- The ‘Not So Fast Food Truck’
- The Underground Wellness Podcast Show